Thursday, October 22, 2020

WHAT IS THE BEST HMI PANEL (SELECTION)?

 WHAT IS THE BEST HMI PANEL?

DISPLAY SIZE

    The size of the display comes first. Do I need a smaller size like 3 to 7 inches or a larger size like 15 to 25 inches? HMI is available in many sizes in the market such as 3 to 25 inches.


RESOLUTION

    Do I need more resolution? Because some people need a detailed animated object or more objects on a single screen.



TOUCH SCREEN

    Do I need a touch screen or a smaller screen with a keypad? The touch screen is more convenient if you need a quick response because the touch screen is more expensive than just function and arrow key.


COLOR

    Do I need color or will monochrome work? Monochrome display units are less expensive and more efficient than color displays while units like speed and time to display a small amount of data.


MOUNTING 

    What type of mounting do I need? Mounted inside the panel? Located in one place? Be a handheld? Or Mounted in Wall?

PROTECTION

    What kind of protection do I need? ip67 requires liquid splashing and outside side installation.
For more info- https://insideinautomation.blogspot.com/2019/09/what-is-ip-rating.html

INTERFACE or PROTOCOL

    What kind of interface do I need? Serial? Ethernet? USB? Profinet? Profibus? Serial interfaces are commonly used in RFI scanners, barcode readings, laboratory instruments. And yet I need more than one type and more than one interface.
    

SOFTWARE REQUIREMENT

    What type of software, what brand, and what version should it be? Do I need an OPC or a specific driver to access my controller's data?

MEMORY

    Do I need more storage? Because space is needed when more photos, videos, documents, and recipes are created.

 THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment